Finding a professional cosmetic dentist can be difficult if you don’t know what to look for. As cosmetic dental procedures become more and more commonplace, there are many dentists who can give you the smile you always dreamed of.
However, you want to make sure you choose a cosmetic dentist that is perfect for your needs. Here’s what you should consider before your cosmetic dental treatment:
What Type Of Cosmetic Procedure Do You Need?
Cosmetic dental procedures often complement each other, working together to improve the longevity and brilliance of your smile. It’s important to determine what procedures you want and whether your dentist can perform them all in a high-quality, professional manner. Here are some of the more common cosmetic dental procedures.
- Porcelain Veneers: Porcelain veneers are cemented to 180 degrees of your tooth, giving it an even shape and dimension, and a whiter shade.
- Invisalign (Invisible Braces): Invisalign is used to straighten your teeth in a discrete way. By using a series of clear and removable aligners, you can have your teeth straightening without the obvious and embarrassing treatment.
- Implants: Implants replace missing teeth and are made to match your existing set.
- Zoom In-Chair Teeth Whitening: Zoom In-Chair teeth whitening is a procedure that’s performed in the dentist’s chair. It is far more effective than store-bought whitening products.
- Composite Resin Restoration (White Fillings): Composite resins are white coloured fillings that can be matched to a person’s teeth. People often choose these fillings to replace silver coloured fillings in their mouths.
How to Find the Right Cosmetic Dentist for Your Needs
Once you know what cosmetic procedures you need, you can look for a dentist who will give you professional and lasting results. Here’s what you should look for to find the perfect cosmetic dentist:
- Word of Mouth: If you don’t already have a regular dentist who can provide cosmetic dentistry, talk to your friends and family and see if they have someone they could suggest.
- Before and After Photos: Always ask for before and after photos from your dentist. They should be able to provide these during a consultation to help inform your decision.
- Check for Credentials: Your dentist may have credentials in cosmetic dentistry.
- Does Your Dentist Offer Sedation Dentistry? If you suffer from anxiety during dental procedures, you may want to check if your dentist offers sedation dentistry during cosmetic procedures. This can help you feel relaxed and at ease with the dental process.
Get the Perfect Cosmetic Dentistry Experience in Glebe
The professionals at Dental Care Glebe are caring and understanding cosmetic dentistry experts. Book an appointment to discuss our wide range of cosmetic dental procedures, which can enhance your smile and provide the results you desire. With a relaxed and positive environment for every visit, you can rely on Dental Care Glebe to brighten up your smile and your day. Call us on (02) 9566 2030 or contact us online today.